It all started in a small metalworking shop, which François bought to make blade saws. Shortly after, he adapted his machinery to make ski metal edges and cable bindings, which were the main focus until 1979. It was during this time that they presented their first snow boots, SX90. The brand continued to dominate the snow sports world with their next boots SX91, which had even more success.
When Georges took his father’s place as the owner of the company, he kept the tradition of betting more strongly on engineering than on marketing. Actually, he himself trained as an engineer and a product’s development usually took five or more years, with 80 per cent of the time dedicated to research and the other 20 per cent to the product’s execution itself.
When in 1997 became part of Adidas, Salomon began to diversify to make shoes for other types of sports, such as running and hiking, as well as other types of products, for example, clothes and accessories. Nowadays, you will also be able to find shoes designed for a more casual and daily use. In 2005, it was sold to Amer Sports, a Finnish sports good company.
With almost 70 years of existence, the brand follows the same principles that it has from the beginning, in making quality and innovative products that offer freedom to your feet and the best performance that you may want during any sport or in your day-to-day.
If you are a person that can’t stay still not even for a second and likes to have an active life, what you need is a pair of Salomon shoes in your wardrobe! Now the biggest question is: where can I find them? Don’t look very far, because you can already find your Salomon boots and sneakers at EscapeShoes. Buy your pair online with just a few clicks!